Makueni County Family Planning Costed Strategic Plan
The Government of Makueni County, through the department of health services, has unveiled a progressive four-year Family Planning Costed Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
The major goal of the strategic plan, already under implementation, is to improve the Socio-economic wellbeing of the people of Makueni County by expanding access to family planning information and services, without coercion, to attain a contraceptive prevalence rate of 72 percent by 2020.
Family planning has proven to be the most cost-effective intervention in preventing maternal deaths. It also contributes to reduced child mortality, unplanned pregnancies and unsafe pregnancies.
This strategic plan seeks to guide the institutionalization of adequate policy, legal and institutional framework for family planning through various interventions:
• Establishment of a responsive and supportive leadership and governance structure in family planning service provision
• Resource mobilization for family planning
• Provision of family planning services of the highest attainable quality.
• Efficient and reliable procurement and distribution of family planning commodities.
• Improvement of health infrastructure to increase access.
The Successful implementation of this plan will contribute towards the achievement of Makueni County Vision 2025 of building a 'Prosperous value based County with a high quality of life.The event, held at Sultan Hamud, and was graced by Governor Kivutha Kibwana and Country Director for Health Dr. Mildred Mudany.