Legal and Human Rights Committee
H.E Kivutha Kibwana – Chairman
- H.E Amason Kingi- Vice Chairman
- H.E Peter Munya
- H.E Isaac Ruto
- H.E Cornel Rasanga
- H.E Nderitu Gachagua
The Legal and Human Rights Committee is chaired by H.E Kivutha Kibwana, it deals with all matters relating to constitutional affairs; the organization and administration of law and justice; elections; promotion of principles of leadership, ethics and integrity; and implementation of the provisions of the Constitution on human rights. Some of these matters include;
1. Legal support for the Committees on matters of interest to the counties;
2. Follow up on litigation instituted by the Council;
3. Availability of resource materials usable for the Committees;
4. Advocacy for respect, promotion and protection of human rights in all the counties.
INAUGURAL SPEECHES BOOK FOR PIONEER GOVERNORS OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA, 2013-2017 VOLUME 1
The book is available at a cost of Kshs.2,000
Payment is through Mpesa Paybill
Business No. 339553
Account No. Name of County
If you are in Nairobi, collect your copy from at the Council of Governors Offices- Delta Corner, 2nd Floor in Westlands. However, from outside Nairobi, contact under listed secretariat staff to assist you on how to get the book.
Name: Sylvia Kerubo
Name: Clemency Dorah
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .