Legal and Human Rights Committee
H.E Kivutha Kibwana – Chairman
- H.E Amason Kingi- Vice Chairman
- H.E Peter Munya
- H.E Isaac Ruto
- H.E Cornel Rasanga
- H.E Nderitu Gachagua
The Legal and Human Rights Committee is chaired by H.E Kivutha Kibwana, it deals with all matters relating to constitutional affairs; the organization and administration of law and justice; elections; promotion of principles of leadership, ethics and integrity; and implementation of the provisions of the Constitution on human rights. Some of these matters include;
1. Legal support for the Committees on matters of interest to the counties;
2. Follow up on litigation instituted by the Council;
3. Availability of resource materials usable for the Committees;
4. Advocacy for respect, promotion and protection of human rights in all the counties.
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .