H.E Jack Ranguma – Chairman
- H.E Samuel Ragwa-Vice Chairman
- H.E Prof. Paul Chepkwony
- H.E Kinuthia Mbugua
- H.E Alex Tolgos
- H.E James Ongwae
- H.E Cyprian Awiti
The Health Committee chaired by H.E Jack Ranguma (Governor Kisumu County) handles all matters relating to county health services, medical care and health insurance, it seeks to promote the right to the highest attainable standard of health in counties as envisaged in Article 43 of the Constitution. Therefore, this committee considers:
1. international best practices and emerging trends and technologies on healthcare delivery.
2. national policies dealing with health care delivery.
3. current Bills before National Assembly, Senate and County Assemblies affecting health services.
4. reports affecting county health care.
5. funding for healthcare services.
Some of the past activities of this Committee include:
1.Alignment of national legislation and policy to conform to devolution.
2.Establishment an enhanced Intergovernmental Relations through establishment and operationalization of a coordination framework.
3.County Funding and capacity building including:
• Coordination of the implementation of the DANIDA support to all 47 county governments;
• Coordinate capacity building of Counties: accounting staff and records officers;
• Development of a framework for facilitating the management of human resource for health; and
• Rapid assessment of County performance.
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .