H.E Okoth Obado – Chairman
- H.E Jackson Mandago-Vice Chairman H.E (Prof) Kivutha Kibwana
- H.E Patrick Khaemba
- H.E Wycliffe Oparanya
- H.E Joseph Ndathi
- H.E Kinuthia Mbugua
- H.E Daniel Waithaka
The Council of Governors Agricultural Committee is chaired by H.E Okoth Obado, handling all matters relating to sustainable agricultural practices, poverty eradication by utilization of high value inputs and equipment, value addition for farmers, food security and drought management, production and marketing,
fisheries development and adoption of technological advancements in agriculture. The Committee will also
address matters related to land survey and mapping and seek out transparent, sustainable and accountable solutions for subdividing and transferring of land.
The following have been the past activities of the Committee:
1. Alignment of national policy to conform to devolution including the National Agriculture Policy, the National Irrigation Policy, the National Veterinary Policy and the Delivery of Veterinary Services Guidelines;
2. Alignment of national legislation to conform to devolution including AFFA Act, Crops Act and Potato Produce and Marketing Bill;
3. Development of an intergovernmental framework of engagement with the National Government through intergovernmental technical working groups;
4. Joint procurement of fertilizer with the MoALF for the financial year 2014/5; and
5. Consolidation of best practices from counties with other stakeholders including Senate, development partners, and the public during the 2nd Annual Devolution Conference;
6. Clustering of counties according to the agricultural commodities they produce to allow for coordination of sub sector issues and legislation; and
7. Identification of key issues in the various clusters/agricultural sub sectors that require policy, legislative or administrative action.
INAUGURAL SPEECHES BOOK FOR PIONEER GOVERNORS OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA, 2013-2017 VOLUME 1
The book is available at a cost of Kshs.2,000
Payment is through Mpesa Paybill
Business No. 339553
Account No. Name of County
If you are in Nairobi, collect your copy from at the Council of Governors Offices- Delta Corner, 2nd Floor in Westlands. However, from outside Nairobi, contact under listed secretariat staff to assist you on how to get the book.
Name: Sylvia Kerubo
Name: Clemency Dorah
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .