Infrastructure and Energy Committee
H.E Jackson Mandago
- H.E Alex Tolgos-Vice Chairman
- H.E Patrick Khaemba
- H.E Jack Ranguma
The Council of Governors Committee on Infrastructure and Energy deals in all matters relating to county transport; and development, production, maintenance and regulation of energy. Therefore this committee considers:
1. National laws and policies affecting the above matters;
2. Promotion of clustering and joint development projects;
3. Promotion of joint resource mobilization programs for infrastructure development and standardization of tender conditions; and
4. International best practices and standards relating to energy, roads and transport.
The committee has made various achievements in the transport sector for example, for instance;
1) Sharing of County success stories e.g. the probase road construction technology piloted in Meru County which has now been used in six counties due to its affordability and quality, and the 1st tarmarc road to be built Mandera County in the past 50 years.
2) Providing a framework for coordination infrastructural development with stakeholders and initiatives in counties, particularly creating a link with development partners who may work with counties in this regard.
3) Fast tracking of the gazettement of the county roads
INAUGURAL SPEECHES BOOK FOR PIONEER GOVERNORS OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA, 2013-2017 VOLUME 1
The book is available at a cost of Kshs.2,000
Payment is through Mpesa Paybill
Business No. 339553
Account No. Name of County
If you are in Nairobi, collect your copy from at the Council of Governors Offices- Delta Corner, 2nd Floor in Westlands. However, from outside Nairobi, contact under listed secretariat staff to assist you on how to get the book.
Name: Sylvia Kerubo
Name: Clemency Dorah
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .