Human Resources, Labour and Social Welfare Committee
H.E James Ongwae - Chairman
- H.E Sospeter Ojaamong- Vice Chairman
- H.E Moses Akaranga
- H.E (Amb.) Hussein Dado
- H.E Benjamin Cheboi
Chaired by H.E James Ongwae, Governor Kisii county. This committee tackles issues that are related to human resource planning at the county, trade union relations, public entertainment, public amenities, cultural activities and national heritage. Therefore it considers:
1. National policies dealing with human resource management at the county level.
2. Management of the transition with respect to staffing.
3. Legislation affecting labor and social welfare.
4. Capacity building for county staff.
5. International best practices in relation to pension schemes, health insurance and other benefits for county personnel.
The COG Chairman
His Excellency Peter Gatirau Munya is the Governor of Meru County, and the current Chairman of the Council of Governors, Kenya .