Agriculture Committee Clerk Internship Opportunity
COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INTERNS SUPPORTING THE AGRICULTURE COMMITTEE.
The Council of Governors is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 and is mandated to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments and share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions among other functions (Section20).
For better carrying out of its mandate, the Council of Governors has established sectorial working committees including the Agriculture Committee which is chaired by H.E. Nderitu Gachagua.
Agriculture is fully devolved under the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution (2010) and given its importance to the Kenyan economy, there is need to streamline county activities in the agriculture, livestock and fisheries sector for effective service delivery.
2.0 Scope of Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
- Assist in the activities of the Committee clerk at the Council to run the day to day activities of the Committee;
- Analysis, review and monitoring of all policies and legislation at national and county level affecting the crops;
- Conduct research work, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, success stories in the agriculture sector;
- Analysis of how various functions are to be performed by both levels of government to support agricultural management; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors committee on Agriculture, supervised by and reporting to the Manager in charge of the Agriculture Committee and the Director in charge of Programs.
- 0 Duration
The contract duration is three months with a possibility of extension subject to performance.