EDUCATION, YOUTH, SPORTS, CULTURE AND SOCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS
EDUCATION, YOUTH, SPORTS, CULTURE AND SOCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Council of Governors is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 and is mandated to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments and share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions among other functions (Section20).
For better carrying out of its mandate, the Council of Governors has established sectorial working committees including the Education, Gender, Youth, Sports, Culture and Social Services Committee which is currently chaired by H.E. Prof Paul Chepkwony.
2.0 Scope of Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
1. Assist in the activities of the Committee clerk at the Council to run the day to day activities of the Committee;
2. Analysis, review and monitoring of all policies and legislation at national and county level;
3. Conduct research work, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, success stories in the sector;
4. Analysis of how various functions are to be performed by both levels of government to support management the management of the various sectors; and
5. Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors committee on Education, Gender, Youth, Sports, Culture and Social Services Committee, supervised by and reporting to the Manager in charge of the Committee and the Director in charge of Programs.
The contract duration is three months with a possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funds.
All Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates and testimonials to email@example.com